Sunday, June 2, 2013

In School/Teaching


I haven't written about it, but I got funding to go to N.Y.U. for book editing, and started my copy editing class yesterday - it is wonderful.

I was worried because I got sort of a heavy feeling thinking about using those proofreading symbols which I usually think of as tedious, but I think I've changed since I took a course years ago - I actually got into being perfectionistic, and of course, if helps that it's not my writing.

A few days ago I found out I will be teaching ESL starting in July, which is a relief, because I've had horrible summers worrying about money. It suddenly seemed easy -  have a job, and have a life.

My thinking is changing - I'm starting to see how I make things difficult, and always have drama, endless tasks and struggle. I have been reading Stuart Wilde's book, " Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle"

I totally identified with characters in his "Strugglers Hall of Fame", to an embarrassing degree. Apparently, it makes me feel important to be angst-ridden and overwhelmed.

It's all very dramatic, and lo, reminds me of my mother, who I am not talking to btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment