Saturday, June 1, 2013

Perfection/Getting Organized


I have had free time and been accomplishing a lot. It never feels like enough. My goal has been to have a day  to do everything...and I try to stick to it, and find myself distracted and frustrated and always wanting to do more.

I just woke up from a nap. I feel asleep late last night, but as it is, I love them (a little too much).

I'm going to be in touch with friends and talk, but I just started Googling perfectionism and organization and found this quote:

" We're getting organized," Love says. " We're getting all the knowledge and habits we need to move forward, one step at a time."Fear quakes at the prospect of organization; but fear has a secret weapon: her name is perfectionism.

Of course it makes sense that fear is at the bottom of this, and I don't know how I missed that. After I read that, I got up and started doing things gently, steadily, without trying to be perfect, and wound up sewing clothing that has been lingering in a dark corner of my closet for awhile. (I turned on the AC and watched 30 Rock while doing so.)

After that I organized the jewelry I want to work with, and actually chucked some useless bits I've had for too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment