Thursday, December 4, 2014

To Give is To Receive + maybe add new: "You want to give what she gives


 I've been having money/work fears, and some days waking up unhappy. Today it feels like that is starting to change.

I have been connecting with this girl in AA named D. Sometimes it is awkward relating to her - I try to offer love, guidance and support, but sometimes I'm just miserable and feel like a fraud when doing so. Today she checked in by text: :"HEYY!!"She's always so excited to talk and I am generally not feeling similarly enthused. Someone weird school had emailed me for a job interview; I'd missed it, and they didn't include their contact info, so I was hating on myself anyway because I'd Googled it several times and when I called the numbers I found no one answered.

I didn't know what else to do, so I answered her text and then we spoke.I just put aside my misery for a bit, and was just there for her - present. After a bit, I felt myself fill up with happiness. By the time we said goodbye, I felt inspired.

I then looked up the school again, found a new number for them and called it, and explained to the woman who answered that I wanted to set up another interview time.

She wasn't sure who had gotten in touch with me, so I emailed her my resume to discuss it. She said: " OH, you worked at the drama bookshop, I've gone there for years...." and she was really interested, and we talked for quite awhile, then she suddenly realized that I've contacted her school by mistake - it is not the school I was looking for, but they share the same name. She goes on interviewing me at length anyway, because it's a "happy accident:, and they happen to need people with my background.

I love synchronicity and am always thinking about how it works, and how to have more of it in my life - and here I felt like I'd just experienced it -   a connection to the divine I'd accessed, and a gift I'd received through openness, giving of myself, and forgetting myself. I felt my heart do backflips.

No comments:

Post a Comment