Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family/Landlord


The family thing went well overall.

 I went to meet my mom and nephew at the hotel - he woke up while I was playing with his hair, and spent the first hour looking at me and crying, so that wasn't the best start. Then we walked around Times Square, to Toys R Us, the Disney store, M&M, etc, and finally to lunch at McDonald's, where we seemed like we could be in a commercial - content with our happy meals and each other.

My mother busted out at one point with with her typical: " Don't you ever MISS us?"and this time I was ready with a response: "Yes, but I never know when you are going to be mean, and I get tired of mentioning it to you".

She denied it, of course, and we left it there.My nephew sat on the table, eating french fries.

I came home in a good mood, only to bump into my landlord, who thanked me for my rent check and let me know he didn't blame me for the leak in my kitchen (which he didn't fix until it burst into my neighbor's ceiling).

This totally got under my skin, and I tried to shake it off. I had mentioned it to them several times, and they repaired in their typical half-ass fashion, which bit them in the ass, typically.

" Fine" I said, " there is a sink problem above me, and its going to become a bigger problem, you can come up and see it now." He did, and yelled at me that I should have let him know about the other leak... I told him I did...

What the fuck, I can't talk to this guy and know this.  My soup burned while I bitched about him to a friend. He is still downstairs in his apartment, yelling. He does this all the time - he likes to get high and play "master of the house", and throw his weight around. Then he steps out into the hallways --all the world's a stage -- and continues.

- I can hear all of his conversations (which is sometimes useful).

No comments:

Post a Comment