Saturday, April 14, 2012

Money/Right Work

Have been working  furiously to make ends meet. The other evening, I sent out a flurry of resumes, one for an upcoming promotion.

The next morning I went to the library for awhile, and finally came home. I was frustrated and decided to spend some time getting organized.

I was sitting on my bed and the phone rang - it was a woman from an upcoming Dove campaign, who interviewed me briefly and asked me for a photo. I checked my email, and saw my daily reading from Tarot.com, which advised me to "focus on loose ends, even though a lucrative offer arrives," so I continued organizing, which now included looking  my computer for a suitable photo, couldn't find one, and I ran around like crazy for about an hour or so trying to get an one over to her.

In the midst of this, I got an email letting me know there was a status update on my Fellows application. I dreaded opening it. Later, I did, and was informed that I was advanced to the final acceptance pool, which was a complete surprise.

The next day, I found out I got the Dove campaign (which I now have to work - thinking of Morrisey's line : "I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now...")

 I was at the library, sending resumes again, when I got 2 surprise emails: one from a company I had sent a voice over sample to, letting me know I was being considered for a foreign language production, and another from a craft website, asking me for writing samples.




No comments:

Post a Comment