Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Say No, And Then Let Go

I just came back from a freelance "opportunity", which turned out to be an opportunity to get blown off. I traveled 30 minutes, to wait in a coffee shop for someone who then cancelled, didn't apologize, and then tried to blame me for it. It sucked. I was so angry that I'd gone and wasted my time.

After deliberating whether to respond to her cancellation text by blowing her to smithereens with sarcasm, I settled for calling her on her bullshit (gently), and then saying we couldn't work with her because her behavior didn't bode well for a professional relationship. This was light rage. I wouldn't have to deal with text insult/combat cause I don't need ANY of that.

I was so glad. I had learned! LEARNED!

 She got back to me, confused about the "mix up". No apology, but good luck and all that. And I was at peace.

Until I put an end to that. I felt this nagging: WHAT WAS THAT "CONFUSION" AND NO APOLOGY BULLSHIT!!?!

It wouldn't stop. It was right, and I would be just. So I set her straight - cut her and her bullshit down to size -  we argued, and now I felt right and miserable.

When will I learn? Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment