Friday, August 12, 2011

More of the Same

I'm angry at my mother, again. She always says this thing to me - "You don't have a sense of family!!" Once I start focusing on my life and not her, being an all or nothing person, I am not in touch very much. I feel like I should read the book "Between Me and Life" about an artist's difficult relationship with her mother.

As much as I feel like I'm a cool, good person that, still feeling like I need my mother's permission to live fully (She'll yell!! I think) is just not cool. Tackier and stranger than the most ridiculous fashion I've ever seen, and always judge so harshly.

My parents, however, left their home country to move here in the summer of  1969. They forgot that they were rebellious once and didn't go home for about 10 years. The hypocrisy my siblings and ignore - its unspoken. 

I posted yesterday on Craig's List for a woman. I'm headed over to Gmail. I like the feeling of anticipating all those emails.  In homage to my mother and heritage, maybe I should date an Iranian. Ha. Ha. I think she may know, deep down, that I swing that way. I can't imagine that my parents would understand or be supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment