Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Miracle

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I have a job interview today which sounds difficult; It is for a tutoring company. I was told that I would be interviewed by a group of people after completing an essay.

This, I am not looking forward to.

An amazing thing happened, though, which I don't want to lose sight of:  I was behind in my rent by a month. A friend in AA recommended going to a church and asking for a hardship donation. There are so many around Greenpoint, I didn't know which one to go to, so I went to the one close to the meeting. I spoke to 2 people: first a priest, then a pastor, who let me know he would refer me to a 3rd person for an interview. Instead when I called for an appointment, an office manager told me to come in and see her.  I did, and she agreed to pay my back rent. All of it. I thought she was going to give me a metro card and send me on my way.

I left and just sat there, in awe; I cried. Tiny demon thoughts started to creep in and I just brushed them aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment