Sunday, September 25, 2011

Follow Up

Briefly, here was my day - met with friends for breakfast. Went to the city and met another friend, who has been here for about 6 months, and was desperate to go to Jack's 99 Cents store. We went and I watched him throw two weeks worth of groceries, mostly frozen fish, into his basket. Depressing imagining him in his small apartment eating just that for dinner every night.

Its evening and my roommate is out. I have been avoiding certain things - Friday, for instance, I was working on the Upper West Side and went out for breakfast. I met an actor, who was working on Death of a Salesman in a studio nearby. We talked for awhile about the play/acting, and it turns out that his director is an Iranian female. He felt it was a sign, and insisted on giving me her name and email address. I've been stalling, as I think nothing will come of it, but I'm going to make myself do it.

I'm very tenacious, I think I just need to apply it in the right direction - interesting link below, which talks about sticking with your creative projects:

http://www.themindfulartist.com/2011/05/are-you-giving-up-too-early-on-your-creative-ideas/

No comments:

Post a Comment