Friday, July 1, 2011

Job (Un) Promising

Just went to the lamest ESL job interview. I was kind of psyched for it - definitely prepared. I applied because they said that if you had the proper background in teaching ( I do), they would help you get certification. Seemed like bullshit... it was. The interviewer was nice - she handed me a sheet of paper after reviewing my resume and said - here is a list of things you need to do to be considered for teaching certification.

That was the help they were offering. I feel totally fresh off the boat. And sarcastic (as usual). I should have just called her on it - I kind of did, but didn't want to burn a bridge.They wasted my time. How irritating. This is how I get bent out of shape. I don't just express myself and get over it.

I went to the Jack's 99 Cents store afterwords.

I got an email to do a Skype Interview for an ESL position which seems more promising. I'm cautiously optimistic.

New roommate comes today. So many expectations to manage. There are also many interesting, free things to do this weekend. I want to balance being responsible with allowing myself to enjoy this free time on my hands -  If not, when I'm busy with work again, I will regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment