Thursday, May 26, 2011

At the Library. Hustling


I am at the library - avoided crazy landlord. Last year we had bed bugs and my entire summer was spent looking though black plastic garbage bags. I'd tried to avoid them, and even tried to warn my landlady to be aggressive when they first appeared in the building:

Her: If you get them, we will spray.

Me:( Fuck you cunt.) I don't want to wait until I get them. My upstairs neighbor has them, I will get them.

Her: Meh.

So this summer I really do not want to: hustle, physically/or emotionally.  Not fun.

So here I am, working hard to make sure it is not the case.

I am listening to Empire State of Mind

My brother cuts in with IM bullshit. He is my mom's emissary, since I've been avoiding her. My sister is her hench person. I am not being paranoid. This is how my family operates, AND, my sister in law who lives here and is an artist, understands and agrees. I am not talking to any of them at the moment. The have successfully delegated THEMSELVES to my spam folder, where all people who piss me off go.

Strange wonderful things: I am writing an email to a potential voice over person. I somehow click into foreign script in Gmail - it is Farsi, my parent's language. I've never done this before, and I don't know how it happened.

I actually feel like it is too much to ask for me to get paid for something I am talented at.. so its brilliant to me, feels like a sign to me, that maybe I am on the right path.

Not strange, but funny - a woman who is in her 40's comes into the library complaining that the book - The Rules - is "cheesy like Snooki". I recommend a book I loved, which has kept me strong: the book: Why Men Love Bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment