Sunday, June 19, 2011

Oklahoma


I just got back from "brunch" (a Bloody Mary) with my friend A. She is from Oklahoma, as was my roommate M, and the guy I was involved with G. 

I am Iranian - so when I become friends with not one, but three people from OKLAHOMA, its like I'm being told to sit up and take notice.  Pay attention. They are all putting themselves out there. They are sharing, creatively, more or less successfully.

Meeting with A hurts. There is common ground: Love of books, fashion - issues we are going through with men seem similar. Also interested in women. We met through Craig's List. I find strength in our friendship, but also feel lost, hurt, and awkward in manner of adolescent. Today I have a pimple. It fits.

Roommate M. I met her after a horrendous summer battling bed bugs. I liked her, and she became my roommate. We write, but don't see one another at the moment.

(A and M do not get along, they met at A's party and were repelled by one another. M stole A's pot.)

Sorry A.

No comments:

Post a Comment