Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spiritual Meeting -

I have a longtime friend who is a born again Christian. He introduced me to his church friends and now I meet with them occasionally. It's always been a little awkward for me - I do not believe in the one true Christ. If you don't curse, I think, well, I think you are a little too delicate for my taste.

I believe in a Goddess.  I believe that there are many paths to your higher power, and that it doesn't matter who/what you pray to. I like the expression Godd - both man and woman. T. Thorn Coyle uses it in her book - Kissing the Limitless, about witchcraft and spirituality. Everytime I read that book it becomes deeper and more relevant to me.

 Today I brought it up my spiritual beliefs, and let them know that I felt like an outsider, that this is where I stood: There was a moment, where I was not Miss Congeniality - but it passed. Its not like they ever demanded that I was a card-carrying Christian.

Why did it take me so long to know this - and pursue it -  people have recognized it in me before. I'm Bi and a feminist. I want to find my own church. ( I think I know where it is... ) I know its not with them. They may not have minded my belief in a Goddess but I don't think my interest in women would sit well with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment