Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting/Learning - New Therapist

Waiting to hear about a babysitting interview.

I went to see a new therapist today. R specializes in addiction. He is in AA and he wants me to go to a meeting, which I am not interested in doing. I fell in love with him a little, regardless. Former boxer, construction worker. Smart. Born on Halloween.  (Fanning myself a little, thinking about him).

I'm reading a book called  The Soloist. Its amazing - (About an artist, as usual).I was freaked out about a part in it where the main character describes his theory that a person's many selves get together to create catastrophic events to effect change. I lost my book (by accident)?

I told him, " I don't want to be in any way shape or form self-destructive. This includes losing things, making mistakes, etc.., and he said "Alcoholics have big egos -  you are human   - you can't be perfect."

 I was sobbing, "Well maybe not everyone - But --  I can." We laughed.




No comments:

Post a Comment