Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WTF - Work

I just got an email from this woman I babysit for. I've totally been in this position, with this type of parent before. Its fucked up. From what I uderstand/know, parents of children with disabilities are sometimes even more difficult than their children.

I don't know if I can do this - honestly.

She lets me know that I should read to him and interact with him - which I do. I'm careful and kind.

Then she gets in touch today to let me know that her house is messy. I'm not the maid. Jesus. I got back to her in a timely manner. Communication is important - I don't do it as much as I should out of fear. My therapist says I mumble alot. I was thinking about mumblecore (sp), films made about people my age who don't communicate well.

 I feel like I should be constantly, steadily, communicating all of it. Another aspect of business I should be applying to my life. Blog.

I spent time reading, and just hopped from bed to pick up the voice over script the guy sent over to me. Exciting. I'm talented. It was pretty easy, and I practiced a bit. Next step, DO IT. What if something happens, what if nothing happens after I send this over to him?

Finished alot of job stuff yesterday, not all. So I applied to like 5 jobs, no more, counting the babysitting/tutoring positions I applied to. Did not do ESL stuff - as in look into getting certified, etc. Dealing with this mom has really made me want to get back on that right away.

The mom next door to me is really cool. I babysit for her and we've been helping each other through landlord bullshit, etc. She's writing me a reference and I'm getting one (hopefully) from the dad I used to babysit for.
She also clued me into further ESL possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment