Monday, June 27, 2011

Self-Esteem

 New job, etc.. dealing with new roommate. My low feelings about myself are getting in the way.
It's ironic, but the more I put myself out there, writing honestly, makes me feel better about myself. I'm listening to 32 Flavors.

I was fine with sharing myself, insisting on my talent, when I was growing up and acting in plays and singing.

I'm reminded of the Simpson's episode where this kid doesn't get a part in the school play and starts yelling:  "I'm the best actor in this school! This is a conspiracy!" (It actually was).

That was me as a kid (right down to accusing people of conspiracy theories I was right about). I doubted myself but not enough to hold myself back I always understood my talent/worth, and was always blaring it out. Like the people who I know now, who are creative -  Like everyone I know here in NY, with their constant self-promotion.

I need to make some goals. I don't want to be hazy about things - I don't want to make that mistake.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment